Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sweet 16

T-16 days until we move in and I had my first if-something-had-to-remain-undone-what-would-it-be conversation.  So?  Where we at?

Appliances
Kitchen appliances and washer/dryer were delivered and installed.  I don't think I will every want to take the plastic off.  I fear the very first scratch.  After the first one, I'm good.

A budget move was to choose an electric stove instead of a gourmet gas stove.  We saved on running a gas line, and of course the cost of the stove.  This one has the highest performance rating for broiling steaks - very important criteria.

I love my Bosch dishwasher now, it was a top priority for the new house.  This one rates even quieter than our current one - it's shocking!

The microwave drawer.  Time will tell on this one.

This one is going to take some thought.  If this is anywhere close to the placement, we are going to bonk our heads big time on part of the furnace.  


Kitchen backsplash
Today, with plenty of tiling drama (the Tile Shop screwed up the order, but fixed it in the end) the kitchen backsplash was installed.  We stewed over a couple of design decisions - first to run the tile to the soffit over the hood, second to run the tile over the window.  So glad we did both.

Hard to see, but the the entire wall under the soffit is now tiled.
This elongated subway tile seemed like a modern twist on the old classic.


Door hardware
We mail ordered all our door knobs from Handlesets.com - I wanted to go with something with a round knob and a square face plate without spending an arm and a leg.  I found a reasonably priced option from Schlage, but I had trouble finding the quantities we needed, so I'm assuming it is discontinued. 

It's the photo, not your eyes.

Here is the pocket door hardware.  Emtek pulls (the oval things) with Baldwin edge pulls.

Paint
Paint is and will remain our critical path.  Bedrooms are now painted - 2 different shades of gray.

A light gray for both kids' rooms.

One shade darker for the master bedroom.

Garage
Windows and service door are installed on the garage.  Siding has begun.  Tomorrow we start picking out the garage door.


No comments:

Post a Comment