Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bleach, soffits and magic markers

Plumbing update
We now know which celebrities to thank for the delightful bathroom fixtures.  The condo was owned by Dwane Casey (coach) then later rented to Al Jefferson (player), both of Minnesota Timberwolves fame.  While these names mean nothing to me, based on the reactions I have gotten, I believe I will bleach the tub with much gusto.  I will also lie to myself that the tub only served as the beer cooler during the NBA parties often held at the condo.

Soffit trouble
Smooth, painted soffit was always the plan especially since we will have 3 foot overhangs staring down at us.  Unfortunately through a misunderstanding, we only budgeted for aluminum soffit.  We thought long and hard over the budget increase and ended up sticking with the aluminum option.  Oh, smooth soffits, the dream of you will be missed.

A sense of the size and visibility of the soffits.

Cabinet meeting
We met with Brad, the cabinet guy today.  We stood in the kitchen as he drew out the cabinet plan with marker on the floor.  It was surreal!  With a few rejiggers of Brad's draft, we are looking forward to an incredibly coherent kitchen plan.

Looking good in the kitchen.
A trip upstairs
We had the chance to see the upstairs since it was framed.  Things are coming along great!  

My closet is so big,  I can't reach both sides at the same time. 

Lucy's room has a small walk-in closet complete with a window!  Gonna need a shade on that.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment